Cheesy Ciabatta Breakfast Boats
The whole family will go overboard for these Cheesy Ciabatta Breakfast Boats. Try it for yourselves and see!
|1 bunch (green)||spring onions|
|1 cup (grated)||cheddar, shredded|
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a small sharp knife cut a square in the top of each ciabatta roll, being careful to not slice all the way through to the bottom. Discard cut square pieces.
- Using clean fingers, gently press the inside of the bread, pushing down slightly to make room for the filling. Transfer the rolls to a small baking tray.
- To make the filling, beat the large eggs well with the milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the green finely sliced onions, lean turkey breakfast sausage links and grated cheese to the egg mixture and stir well. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste as desired and stir well again.
- Fill the ciabattas up with the egg mixture distributing as evenly as possible until all the filling is used.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve straight away while warm. Alternatively, you could enjoy cool as well making this a perfect picnic or brunch dish. Enjoy.